“Economic Empowerment”

“Economic Empowerment
Economic Empowerment Ministry
Mt. Gilead Full Gospel International Ministries

At tonight’s service, we were blessed by a drama production from the Economic Empowerment ministry. The play focused on a couple in the church with troubled finances. The husband and wife were dealing with unemployment, foreclosure, and the repossession of their car and furniture. In the end, the couple struggled, but eventually put their pride aside and reached out to the Economic Empowerment ministry for help. The counselors advised them on practical ways to get out of debt and also spiritual principles to manage their money God’s way.

* The enemy may make you feel like you are the only Christian dealing with money problems, but that’s not true.

* The enemy will tell you to hold back on your tithes when you’re struggling financially, but don’t. That 10% will set you free if you keep sowing into the kingdom of heaven.

* God wants us to be blessed financially, so pray for wisdom in dealing with money.

Here are a few scriptures to meditate on. I chose the “Message translation” so you can clearly understand what the Bible says about finances and provision:

Malachi 3:8-10 (MSG)
(God speaking) “Begin by being honest. Do honest people rob God? But you rob me day after day. You ask, ‘How have we robbed you?’ “The tithe and the offering—that’s how! And now you’re under a curse—the whole lot of you—because you’re robbing me. Bring your full tithe to the Temple treasury so there will be ample provisions in my Temple. Test me in this and see if I don’t open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams.”

Matthew 6:30-32 (MSG)
Jesus said, “If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works.”

Philippians 4:19 (MSG)
You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.

Something to think about:  All the money we earn really belongs to God.  You wouldn’t have a paycheck if the Lord hadn’t provided you with a job and the skills to perform.  When you first give God 10%, He’ll give you favor with the remaining 90%!

1 Comment

  1. Thank you for this, Amie! I’m constantly struggling with how to give God his pay but make it so I can enjoy myself and pay my bills. Knowing that God will make sure all of my needs are met as long as I am obedient in the word is all the more reason I will start to pay my tithes. Miss ya!!!

    Ernest B.

Leave a Reply